Distinct Voice: Mercy & Displacement of Persons
Margie Taylor rsm (Newfoundland): 'The Body Holds the Story'
The poem I am about to share with you was one I wrote as I journeyed with a woman who moved from a life of sexual exploitation as a child, into human trafficking as a teenager and finally, as an adult, into freedom from this modern day form of slavery.
Click the maximise video icon (4 arrows on right) in the slider to show the video full screen
Spanish translation using DeepL Translator. Traducción al español con DeepL Translator
Margie Taylor is a Sister of Mercy from Newfoundland in Canada.
Margie enjoyed many years in her ministry of teaching. She presently works in the prison system and with people who are displaced for various reasons.
Share Your Response to Margie's Presentation
You can post a comment on this presentation as a Guest User, or using your facebook, twitter, disqus or google account.
Here's how to post as a Guest User:
- Type your comment in the field 'join the discussion'.
- Click inside the box that says “Name” and type your first and last name.
- Fill in your email. NB: this will not be shared or included with your comment.
- Click the checkbox next to “I’d rather post as a guest.”
- Click the arrow to submit your comment/question.
All Guest User comments are moderated (checked) before being put live