Reflective Prayer: Contemplative Seeing
Valda Dickinson rsm (Parramatta)
It is a great gift to be able to see. It is a great gift to be seen by another living being. The opening of eyes physical, inner and heart-based is an ongoing process from birth to death. Hence the prayer, “Open my eyes, help me to see” is always relevant. Scripture has many stories where this cry is uttered, heard and acted upon. Contemplative seeing is enhanced by deep inner stillness, the soft eyes of a child and an open heart.
Spanish translation using DeepL Translator. Traducción al español con DeepL Translator
Valda is a member of the of the Parramatta Congregation of the Sisters of Mercy of Australia.
She is involved in adult and community education, spiritual companioning and the facilitation of Earthkin, a group dedicated to earth care and environmental education. She is one of the coordinators of Mercy Global Presence.
Share Your Response to Valda's Presentation
You can post a comment on this presentation as a Guest User, or using your facebook, twitter, disqus or google account.
Here's how to post as a Guest User:
- Type your comment in the field 'join the discussion'.
- Click inside the box that says “Name” and type your first and last name.
- Fill in your email. NB: this will not be shared or included with your comment.
- Click the checkbox next to “I’d rather post as a guest.”
- Click the arrow to submit your comment/question.
All Guest User comments are moderated (checked) before being put live