At its August 2007 meeting the board adopted the following statement of vision:
Implementing the Vision
The strategic plan is based on the Mercy International Association Purpose and on the current Vision Statement that keeps alive the founding spirit of Catherine among peoples of the world most in need of God’s compassion and mercy.
MIA Strategic Questions
- How can MIA enable Sisters of Mercy, our Associates and colleagues in ministry to develop a global sense of identity and interconnection? '
- How can we make MIC the iconic centre of the Mercy world and share its richness on a worldwide basis?
- In what ways can Mercy respond to issues of global poverty?
- How can we secure MIA's future in a situation where our funding is insecure?
- How can we grow an organisation that effectively and efficiently enacts the purpose and vision of MIA and that is capable of seeking new horizons?
Download the MIA Strategic Plan
- Grounded in Scripture, Theology and the Mercy Story.
- Valuing networking , interconnection and communication.
- Emphasis on hospitality.
- Pro-active in identifying and addressing global poverty.
- Attentive to the multi-cultural, multi-lingual, international dimensions of MIA.
- Professional in our relationships and practices.
- Promoting partnerships and collaboration.
- Using resources, human, social and financial, for mission.
- Open to development and new challenges