Launched 3 December 2019, 160 years to the day of the arrival in Geelong, Victoria, of M. Xavier and her five companions: M. Gabriel Sherlock, Sisters Mary Margaret Mullaly, Mary Regis Manley, Mary Rose Lynch and Mary Aloysius Ryan (novice).
Chapter 1: Context and Family- 8
Chapter 2: Sisters of Mercy- 16
Chapter 3: Geelong - Establishment- 28
Chapter 4: Geelong - Consolidation- 40
Chapter 5: Works of Mercy- 66
Chapter 6: Contributions and Influence- 88
1. Some Recent Studies of Women's Religious Congregations in Australia -123
2. Histories of Australian Mercy Congregations-124
3. Entrances and professions-125
4. Convent of Mercy, Geelong-Community Members 1879-125
5. Selected Letters of Mother Xavier Maguire - 126
'Mother Xavier Maguire belongs to a largely unsung host of women religious who have contributed so much to the development of the Catholic Church and also to the life of the nation. Her legacy as a Sister of Mercy is one of inspiring leadership, facing all obstacles with courage and stamina to bring her vision to reality.'
- Helen Mary Delaney rsm, Author