Tuesday 21 June 1853
Foundation to Downpatrick from Belfast - M Aloysius Brady
SUBMIT A MERCY FACT
July 01, 1999

Mercy Pacific Hui held in Kaikoura.

July 01, 1977

Opening of St Catherine's Villa, Grafton - M Eymard Kennedy

July 01, 1959

Pittsburgh Sisters assume sponsorship of Holy Cross Hospital, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

July 01, 1896

Sisters invited to take charge of Hospital in Castletownbere, Co Cork

July 02, 1844

First Foundation of Sisters of Mercy in the Archdiocese of Westminster in Queen Square, Bloomsbury

July 02, 1851

St Joseph's Church, Cordier Hill, Guernsey, Channel Islands designed by A W Pugin opened.

July 02, 1874

Dediction of St Catherine's Convent, Tralee

July 02, 1897

Opening of Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Sacramento, California

July 03, 1942

7 Sisters evacuated from Alderney, Channel Islands join the Gravesend Sisters in Hartley, Kent.

July 03, 1836

Catherine's niece, M Anne Agnes professed, Baggot St

July 03, 1842

M Catherine Gogarty professed Baggot St, died Perth 1846

Read More
July 04, 2005

Mercy Sculpture Centre, in Melbourne, Australia, is officially opened - Sister Gael O'Leary

July 04, 1916

Union of Sisters of Mercy, Cloyne

July 05, 1872

Connecticut (Hartford) community became independent of Providence, Rhode Island – M Pauline Maher

July 06, 1889

Death of Sr Evangelist Benson, Foundress of Derby Convent.

July 06, 1847

Death of M Aloysia Strange, first Sister professed in the Americas

July 06, 1880

Death of M Liguori Gibson, Foundress of Liverpool

Read More
July 06, 1837

Foundation to Cork from Baggot St - M Clare Moore

Read More
July 07, 1929

The original 1864 buildings of St Mary's High School, Ponsonby are demolished. The new block is opened and named St Mary's College.

July 09, 1890

Mercy Hospital opened in San Diego, California.

July 09, 1975

Foundation to Iceland from Derry

July 09, 1901

Death of M Ignatius Murphy, Westport, Foundress of Goulburn/Albury

July 09, 1889

Foundation to Surry Hills, Sydney from Parramatta - M Columba Woodlock

July 10, 1905

Sr Stanislaus Dawson given permission to start Teacher Training College, Endsleigh, Hull.