2006 Team Member Vacancy (MIC)
2006 Team Member Vacancy in Catherine’s House
In 2006, there will be an opening at Mercy International Centre for a Sister with an interest in the following areas: Team Member / Food Services Coordinator
There are four main areas of activity at Mercy International Centre.
- Hospitality: Is the ministry of Mercy International Centre.
- Renewal: To provide renewal experiences and pilgrimages in Catherine’s House and Catherine’s Dublin to Sisters of Mercy, Associates and Colleagues in Mercy.
- Heritage Centre: To preserve, maintain and exhibit the heritage of Sisters of Mercy. To conduct heritage tours
- Accommodation: To provide a welcome to Sisters of Mercy from around the world, to Mercy Associates and Friends of Mercy.
- The Centre is staffed by a team of eight.
- The team lives and works at the Centre in Baggot Street in central Dublin.
- The team is supported by live-in Sisters/Associate volunteers, Sisters of Mercy of Ireland and other volunteers.
The Team Member
The Team Member should possess the following personal qualities and abilities:
- A warm sense of Mercy hospitality.
- Graciousness and commitment to the charism of Catherine McAuley.
- The ability to work in co-operation with the Director and her colleagues.
- The ability to work within the parameters of the work practices of the Centre and be flexible to changing priorities.
- The ability to be organised and work on one’s own initiative within the dynamic of the team.
- The ability to see the humorous side of life, be friendly and have good interpersonal skills.
- The ability to communicate well both within the team and to others outside the team
All Team Members
- Are involved in the four areas of activity described above
- Participate in team meetings for the organisation of and long term planning for the Centre
- Are accountable to the Director of the Centre
Food Services Position
The Coordinator of Food Services is required to:
- work in a collaborative relationship with the cook
- relate well between this service and the other areas of responsibility in the Centre
- oversee the organisation of the kitchen
- oversee the buying of food supplies and the planning of menus within a budget
- oversee the daily catering needs of the Centre
- ensure that customer requirements are met
- ensure that Health and Safety Regulations are in place
Further information is available to interested applicants
The Terms of Appointment
- This is a two-year appointment starting in February 2006.
- An annual stipend of €13000 is paid quarterly.
- Three weeks annual leave.
- Time is granted for annual retreat.
- Arrangements for the timing of retreats and holidays will be made in consideration of the needs of the ministry and in consultation with the Director.
If you are interested in the above position please contact the Director of Mercy International Centre for an application form.
Mercy International Centre,
64a Lower Baggot Street,
Dublin 2, Ireland.
Tel: (+353) 1 661 8061
Fax: (+353) 1 676 5486
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 31 May 2005