For the Elderly: December Prayer Intention of Pope Francis
We are all invited to join with Pope Francis and his worldwide prayer network in praying this month's intention: For the Elderly
Text of the December video:
'A people that does not take care of grandparents, that does not treat them well has no future!
The elderly have wisdom.
They are entrusted with a great responsibility: to transmit their life experience, their family history, the history of a community, of a people.
Let us keep in mind our elders, so that sustained by families and institutions, may with their wisdom and experience collaborate in the education of new generations.'
View Previous 2017 prayer intentions:
- November intention: To witness to the Gospel in Asia
- October intention: Rights of workers and the unemployed
- September intention: Parishes at the service of mission
- August intention: Artists
- July intention: Those Distant from the Christian faith
- June intention: Ending the arms trade
- May intention: Christians of Africa
- April intention: Youth
- March intention: Support for Persecuted Christians
- February intention: Welcome the Needy
- January intention: Christians serving humanity