MGA Advocacy Workshop, 25th May 2021
Mercy Global Action is offering the first of three virtual advocacy workshops on May 25th.
Topic: Migration & Development, ahead of the UN High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development
Date & Time:
- Session One - May 25th, 6:00am NY/11:00am IRE/10:00pm AU
- Session Two - May 25th, 5:00pm NY/10:00pm IRE/7:00am AU (26th May).
**It is expected that participants will attend both morning and evening sessions as it is formational in the advocacy workshop process.
Location: This workshop will be facilitated via Zoom video conferencing. A link to the zoom meeting will be sent via email to all participants.
Who’s this for? The workshop is open to members of the Mercy World who wish to engage in advocacy for systemic change at local, national, and international levels.
The Workshop: Over the course of the two sessions, the workshop will equip participants with effective tools and strategies to advocate in areas of migration and development. Objectives include:
- Build capacity and skills for critical thinking, analysis and advocacy.
- Learn about Mercy Global Action’s strategy for advocacy and how to participate in advocacy on our key justice priorities
- Introduce core documents in relation to migration and development in 2021
- Identify allies/network in relation to migration/development
- Create an advocacy pitch on migration and development
- Encourage participants to seek out ways to engage in advocacy in migration and development in their region
- Instill curiosity and explore the theological dimension of migration and sustainable development
Presenters: The Mercy Global Action Team
How to register:
Messages to: Angela Reed rsm - Head of Mercy Global Action