Prominent Faith Leaders Deliver Interfaith Climate Change Statement to U.N.: MIA Signatory to This Statement
New York, NY: At a colourful multifaith ceremony with Buddhist chants, Zoroastrian prayers and Sikh drumming at the Church Center for the UN, Ambassador Mogens Lykketoft, President of the UN General Assembly took delivery yesterday of the Interfaith Climate Change Statement to World Leaders (www.interfaithstatement2016.org).
Amongst key Catholic signatories of the Statement are:
- Bishop Marcelo Sánchez Sorondo, Chancellor of the Pontifical Academies of Sciences and Social Sciences of the Holy See
- Cardinal Christoph Schoenborn, Archbishop of Vienna and President of the Austrian Bishops Conference
- Cardinal Rubén Salazar Gómez, Archbishop of Bogota, President of CELAM
- Bishop Georges Pontier, President of the French Catholic Conference of Bishops
- Fr. Joseph Komakoma, Secretary General, Symposium of Episcopal Conferences of Africa and Madagascar (SECAM)
- Cardinal Oswald Cardinal Gracias, Archbishop of Bombay, President, Federation of Asian Bishops´ Conferences (FABC)
- Archbishop John Ribat, President of the Federation of Catholic Bishops Conferences of Oceania and the Catholic Bishops Conference of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands
- Cardinal Luis Antonio G. Tagle, Archbishop of Manila, President of Caritas Internationalis.