The latest issue (Vol. 22, No. 1) of The MAST Journal Now Available (Americas)
The latest issue (Vol. 22, No. 1) of The MAST Journal was recently published. Editor Eloise Rosenblatt rsm reports that the issue is focused on our World-Wide Ministries 'for each Sister’s work, no matter how geographically defined, is connected with the Gospel mandate to "Go forth to all nations."'
• Mary Kay Dobrovolny rsm sums up the original vision of Catherine McAuley and the impulse that made Mercy ministries spread around the globe from Baggot Street.
• Jean Evans rsm, a Californian who ministered in South Africa for thirty years, reproduces narratives of Mercy women who report on their work in South Africa.
• Marilyn Lacey rsm, founder of Mercy Beyond Borders, offers a spirituality based on Jacob’s journey in Genesis 28, 'God Was in this Place'.
• Joyce Ross rsm reflects on her thirty-year mission in Alaska.
• Jeanne Christensen rsm provides a compelling resource for those wanting to lend a hand to the anti-trafficking effort
• Elizabeth Julian rsm a Mercy theologian from Aotearoa New Zealand, writes about the meaning of the title Mother of Mercy.
• Eloise Rosenblatt rsm, editor of The MAST Journal, writes an 'homage' to David Lance Goines who designed the artwork used on the journal’s masthead.
As usual the issue provides discussion questions for those who want to use the essays for communal reflection with Sisters, Associates, Companions or Partners-in-ministry.
The MAST Journal is published three times a year by the Mercy Association in Scripture and Theology. To subscribe please contact Julia Upton rsm.
If you are interested in obtaining a back issue, please contact Marie Michele Donnelly rsm.