Advocacy Workshop: Climate Justice
Tue 3 Aug 2021. Online
Maximum places: 300
Mercy Global Action is offering three workshops in 2021. Virtual Advocacy Workshops are open to members of the Mercy World who wish to engage in advocacy for systemic change at local, national, and international levels. The workshops will focus on the Mercy Justice Advocacy Approach, which is rooted in the experience of Earth and people, theological reflection, as well as tools and tactics for advocacy and action. While the core of each workshop will be the same, we will give special attention to different priority issues.
Mercy Global Action is offering the second of three virtual advocacy workshops on August 3rd.
Topic: Climate Change and Water, ahead of COP 26
Date & Time:
- Session One - August 3rd, 6:00am NY/11:00am IRE/8:00pm AU
- Session Two - August 3rd, 5:00pm NY/10:00pm IRE/7:00am AU (4th August).
**It is expected that participants will attend both morning and evening sessions as it is formative in the advocacy workshop process.
The Workshop: Over the course of the two sessions, the workshop will equip participants with effective tools and strategies to advocate in areas of climate change and water. Objectives include:
- Build capacity and skills for critical thinking, analysis and advocacy.
- Learn about Mercy Global Action’s strategy for advocacy and how to participate in advocacy on our key justice priorities
- Introduce core documents in relation to Climate change and water in 2021
- Identify allies/network in relation to climate change and water
- Create policy recommendations on climate change and water
- Encourage participants to seek out ways to engage in advocacy in climate change and water in their region
- Instill curiosity and explore the theological dimension of Climate change and water
Presenters: The Mercy Global Action Team
Location: This workshop will be facilitated via Zoom video conferencing. A link to the zoom meeting will be sent via email to all participants.