Advocacy Workshop: Violence Against Women
Tue 23 Nov 2021
Maximum places: 300
MGA Advocacy Workshop on Domestic and Family Violence, 23rd November 2021 - Ahead of the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence
Mercy Global Action is offering the third of three virtual advocacy workshops on November 23rd.
Topic: Gender-Based Violence
Date & Time:
- Session One - November 23rd, 6:00am NY/11:00am IRE/10:00pm AU
- Session Two - November 23rd, 5:00pm NY/10:00pm IRE/9:00am AU (25th November).
*It is expected that participants will attend both morning and evening sessions as it is formative in the advocacy workshop process.
Location: This workshop will be facilitated via Zoom video conferencing. A link to the zoom meeting will be sent via email to all participants.
Who’s this for? The workshop is open to members of the Mercy World who wish to engage in advocacy for systemic change at local, national, and international levels.
The Workshop: Over the course of the two sessions, the workshop will equip participants with effective tools and strategies to advocate in areas of Gender-Based Violence. Objectives include:
- Build capacity and skills for critical thinking, analysis and advocacy.
- Learn about Mercy Global Action’s strategy for advocacy and how to participate in advocacy on our key justice priorities
- Introduce core documents in relation to Gender-Based Violence in 2021
- Identify allies/network in relation to gender-based violence
- Create their own advocacy pitch for 16 Days of Activism on Gender-Based Violence (using Twitter Platform: Creation one Tweet)
- Encourage participants to seek out ways to engage in gender-based violence advocacy in their region
- Instill curiosity and explore the theological dimension of Gender-Based Violence
Presenters: The Mercy Global Action Team