Advocacy Workshop: Water
Wednesday 1 March 2023
Mercy Global Action is offering the first of three virtual advocacy workshops on March 1st.
Topic: Water, ahead of the UN Water Conference
Date & Time:
- Session One - March 1st, 4:00pm NY/9:00pm IRE/8am AEDT (2nd March)
- Session Two - March 2nd, 6:00am NY/11:00am IRE/10:00pm AEDT
*It is expected that participants will attend both morning and evening sessions as it is formative in the advocacy workshop process.
Location: This workshop will be facilitated via Zoom video conferencing. A link to the Zoom meeting will be sent via email to all participants.
Who’s this for? The workshop is open to members of the Mercy World who wish to engage in advocacy for systemic change at local, national, and international levels.
The Workshop: Over the course of the two sessions, the workshop will equip participants with effective tools and strategies to advocate on issues of water justice.
- Build capacity and skills for critical thinking, analysis and advocacy. Equip participants with the tools and strategies to advocate in the area of water.
- Learn about Mercy Global Action’s strategy for advocacy and how to participate in advocacy on our key justice priorities
- Introduce opportunities to engage in the UN 2023 Water Conference:
- Vision Statement for the UN Water Conference
- About the UN Water Conference
- Sustainable Development Goal 6: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Water & Sanitation: A People’s Guide to SDG 6 - A rights-based approach to implementation
- Identify allies/networks in relation to water justice
- Create policy recommendations on water based on its intersections with the Sustainable Development Goals
- Encourage participants to seek out ways to engage in advocacy in their region
- Instill curiosity and explore the theological dimension of climate change and water
- How do we engage the theological dimension in our advocacy?
Presenters: The Mercy Global Action Team